Rape Response (RR) is a nonprofit sexual assault center providing 24/7 services for victims/survivors of sexual assault, ages 13 and older.
RR has been in existence for 31 years and serves survivors of sexual abuse/assault and their loved ones in six counties in northeast Georgia (Dawson, Forsyth, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin, and White).
Crisis Hotline 1-800-721-1999 or in Hall County 770-503-7273
Visit Rape Response online at https://www.raperesponse.com
All services are free and confidential and are partially funded through the generous support of the Habersham County United Way.
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
- Medical Accompaniment and support during forensic medical exams; Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) is the only hospital with a dedicated Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program in our six-county service area
- Crisis Intervention to help survivors as they begin to recover
- Trauma-focused counseling & support groups
- Aftercare Health Examinations and STD Treatment, in collaboration with local health departments
- Legal Accompaniment for victims during law enforcement interviews, legal proceedings, and trials
- Information and referrals for additional resources and services to support individualized needs, concerns and situations
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- On-going facilitation of Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) meetings for participants to continually work together for the highest quality of service to victims, their loved ones and the community
- Let’s Talk Education programs for middle, high school & college students, parents, educators & at-risk youth covering topics such as consent & coercion, sexting & social media safety, Georgia laws regarding sexual violence, & healthy & unhealthy relationships
- Professional training, outreach & awareness programs for the community around sexual assault & RR services
Spring 2020 Volunteer Training
Rape Response Volunteers are trained to support survivors of sexual assault on our 24/7 crisis line and at the ER during forensic medical exams. Volunteers must be 18 or older, complete a background check, and live within a 30-minute drive of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Gainesville campus.
Our three day (25 hour) volunteer training dates for spring 2020 are:
- Saturday, February 8, 2019, from 8 am to 4:30 pm (light breakfast & lunch are provided)
- Saturday, February 22, 2019, from 8 am to 4:30 pm (light breakfast & lunch are provided)
- Saturday, February 29, 2019, from 8 am to 4:30 pm (light breakfast & lunch are provided)
*Attendance of all three sessions plus 5 hours of online training are required to complete volunteer training.
For more information or to fill out a volunteer application, check out our website at https://www.raperesponse.com/get-involved/volunteer/ or call 770-503-7273.