Dryer fire forces evacuation of assisted living facility

Fire damaged this dryer at Laurel Lodge (Cleveland Fire Department)

Residents of an assisted living facililty in Cleveland had to be evacuated early Friday after fire broke out inside a dryer.

White County E-911 dispatched firefighters to Laurel Lodge Assisted Living at 210 Hope Drive just after midnight on Feb. 23.

Law enforcement officers and staff helped residents exit the building as firefighters located the burning machine. Cleveland Fire Chief Ricky Pruitt says the fire was quickly extinguished and the dryer was removed form the building.

Firefighters set up ventilation fans to remove smoke from the building.

Residents were allowed back inside the building after about thirty minutes.

Units from the White County Fire Service assisted with the call.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email