A weekend fire caused extensive damage to an old chicken house in Baldwin. The structure, located behind the Dairy Queen on GA 365, was being used for storage and still had electricity connected to it, officials say.
The fire damaged approximately half of the structure after it broke out on Saturday afternoon, October 16.
Baldwin and county firefighters responded to the scene to discover flames had spread to the surrounding grass. They requested a tanker from Hall County Fire Services to provide an additional water supply to help extinguish the flames.
It took crews about an hour to knock down the fire. They remained on the scene until early evening.
Officials have not determined the cause of the fire, but say it may have been electrical given the age of the building.