The Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests closed several low-lying recreation sites in the predicted path of Tropical Storm Sally Wednesday. The sites will remain closed until the storm passes and sites are safe for visitors.
The Forest Service urges visitors to avoid the forest during hazardous weather. Excessive rain and high winds have the potential to create high water, flash floods, falling trees, mudslides, and severe damage to roads.
Temporarily Closed Sites
- Dyar Pasture Recreation Area (Greene County)
- Oconee River Campground (Greene County)
- Town Creek OHV Trails (Greene County)
- Houston Valley OHV Trails (Whitfield County)
- Bear Creek Trail and Campground (Gilmer County)
- Cottonwood Patch Campground (Murrary County)
- Boggs Creek Recreation Area (Lumpkin County)
- Frank Gross Recreation Area (Fannin County)
- Lower Loop Campground (sites 4 through 9) within the Cooper Creek Recreation Area (Union County)
- Wildcat Creek Campground #1 Lower
- Wildcat Creek Campground #2 Upper
- Oakey Mountain and Moates Knob OHV Trails
Forest System Roads: