- This event has passed.
56th Annual Mountain Laurel Festival
May 19 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Mountain Laurel Festival is the oldest running festival of its type in Georgia. It will be held from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, May 19th on the downtown Clarkesville Square.
The festival features a parade, art and food vendors, live music, and kids activities.
The Soque River Watershed Association will hold a Bass-Kissing Contest on the main stage downtown at 1 p.m. That will be followed by Volunteers for Literacy of Habersham County’s annual rubber duck race on the Soque River at Pitts Park beginning at 3:30 p.m.
Mountain Laurel events:
- 10 am: Parade sponsored by Clarkesville Lions Club. This year’s theme is “Happy Birthday Habersham: 200 Years Strong”. The Grand Marshal is Terry Rice
- 10 am-5 pm: Fine art and craft vendors located in and around the Square
- An outdoor food court
- Kids Zone
- The Millinery Shop and Big Holly Cabin will be open for guided tours
- Clarkesville “History in Photographs” Photo Exhibit at Mauldin House Visitors Center
- Live entertainment acts throughout the day on the square
- 1 pm: Bass-Kissing Contest on the stage
- 3:30 pm: Rubber Duck Race on the Soque River at Pitts Park (sponsored by Volunteers for Literacy)
For more information on the festival, contact 706-754-4216 or visit www.clarkesvillega.com.